These are all the things I imagine people enjoy about going to the mountains to snowboard and ski. As for me, I have no idea what that’s like. I’ve never been skiing or snowboarding. Truth be told, I’ve never even been to a mountain.
How my body will adapt? No clue. One thing I do know, is that I’m going to have to be pretty brave to step out in that chilly weather and learn a new sport.
With that, the thoughts that are going through my mind are as follows. If you’re in the same situation I’m in or were in this situation when the season started, then you’ll definitely relate to how I’m feeling at this moment.
1. What does 20 degrees feel like? If it feels like I think it is, there’s a pretty good chance I’m going to freeze before I even make it to the mountain.
2. I wonder if gliding over snow feels the same as gliding over water, but like, harder.
3. What do you do when you have to pee, but you’re in the middle of a mountain?
4. Do I have to go up one of those scary lift things? I think they are called gondolas. Has anyone ever fallen out? I really hope I don’t.
5. I wonder if this is like swimming, where you get so tired you just can’t go anymore until you have a nap. In which case, is it ok to nap in the ski lodge?
6. When snowboarding, is it likely that I will be trampled? I think my deepest fear is that I’ll be trampled.
Photos via Unsplash.com.